Saturday 26 April 2014

UPDATE to tracking supplies

I have edited the tables I was using to keep track of my supplies (deleted my figures, tidied them up a bit) and I have uploaded the Word documents to the Felting and Fiber Studio site in case anyone else might find them useful. The tables are easy to edit if you want to add or delete columns or rows, or add/delete wool breeds. At the very least it will save you typing out a list of breeds :)

For a list of commercial wool tops in different breeds, click here, and for a list of raw, scoured or washed wools and locks in different common breeds click here. Click the attachment link to open or download the Word documents.




6 comments:

  1. Looked at your tables! I do not use natural colours so much... BTW I see you use Optim merino 15.5 mic - how it works? Your opinion on this wool please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've tried it yet, Felicity, my friend sent it to me. I did get some other merino which was meant to be 15 mic, I don't know if it was Optim, I only tried it once, a long time ago, and didn't really know what I was doing for a 1 layer scarf, so it is kind of alternating between cobwebby and thicker where the rows overlap, here's a pic:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/zedster01/4133885295/
      The 18.5 mic merino was gorgeous though, very soft and light.

      Delete
    2. Lovely scarf, nice texture for a one layer! 18.5 mic merino is what I make my scarves of too.

      Delete
    3. It looked nice, but it was a weird shape, I ended up putting it in the washing machine repeatedly as an experiment, it made a very interesting texture :)

      Delete
  2. Nice work Zed!

    Love that photo - the colours are divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lyn :)
      Dyed wool is nice, but naturals are just something else aren't they? :)

      Delete